Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Don't Eat Your Heart Out!!!!!!!

Hello there! How is everyone coming along with their New Years resolutions? I never make any resolutions as I always fail. However, this year, I wanted to try something a little different. I told my family that eating junk food was out the door. Would this be considered making a New Year resolution? I think it's a lifestyle change. It just sounds better and makes it a bit more permanent. Well, whatever it is, may it be a mental play on words or not, I have been in the kitchen cooking. Of course, I'm always cooking and dishing up wonderful bath & body products for the skin www.scentsationalsoaps.com but this called for me to create wonderful, light and healthy meals for the body; internally. I absolutely LOVE cooking but found it so not convenient while running a business, along with a husband and two kids. This is NOT TRUE. As with anything, you have got to plan. AND, I'm responsible for what the family eats. With that said I've been browsing a couple of cookbooks and making smoothies for the kids. They love them. I tossed in a few blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, bananas, soy milk and agave nectar in the smoothie listed below and it was absolutely delicious!





Thanks to The Cookbook Called "Everyday Food" from the Kitchens of Martha Stewart, that same day I came across a wonderful looking recipe called "Asian Style Chicken Soup" that was low in calories and very flavorful.



It had ginger, cilanatro, basil leaves, tomatoes, chicken breast, jalapenos and vermicelli noodles in it. I'll be making this again, with only 301 calories per serving. It was a HIT for the family and also a healthy alternative to fast food. I continued to get excited throughout the week and continued on with my healthy cooking streek and made a tasty and comforting butternut squash soap. It was definitely something new that was introduced to the family but has always been a favorite of mine.



What I noticed as I cooked and ate each meal and / or snack, the food is not only better for our bodies but also has the same great flavor. Make healthy choices this year and watch some unwanted body fat begin to fall off. Furthermore, start introducing your kids to those healthy choices as this will make them strong and healthy as they grow.

No comments: