Monday, March 3, 2014

Snap Back!!!

With the summer just right around the corner, it's the perfect time to SNAP back in shape with healthy & colorful snacks. After finding a wonderful Facebook page with the recipe listed below; Purely Healthy Living, I immediately decided to make this wonderful snack for myself and the kids. Only difference, I added basil instead of parsley. The first picture shows just three ingredients for a flavorful snack. Two ingredients, I actually forgot to include (Oregano & Olive Oil) and is loaded with a burst of flavor. Here's the recipe: 2 large tomatoes, cut 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese 1 tsp. dried oregano Basil Leaves Salt and Pepper to taste a little bit of olive oil for drizzling over the top (optional) Directions: Preheat over to 400 F degrees In a small bowl combine oregano salt and pepper. Top each tomato slice evenly with the Parmesan cheese mixture. Add basil onto of tomatoe followed by the parmesan cheese mixture. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil, this is optional. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until you notice the cheese starts to turn gold. Easy, Delicious and Healthy. Follow Purely Healthy Living on Facebook for more delicious recipes. The second picture is just a collage that I put together showing you the fun and easy process. My kids thoroughly enjoyed their snack and it was healthy. It is also important to incorporate nuts in between meals which contain unsaturated fatty acids and are a great snack and easy to pack when you're on the go. Seen above is an energy blend that I purchased from Costco with Edamame, Cranberries, Almonds, & Pumpkin Kernels. I love them and helps with hunger pains….LOL! Today, my lunch (seen in the fourth picture) consisted of a Raw Kale Salad, and Mangos with JalapeƱo Vinaigrette from Whole Foods Market along with my favorite drink of all time "Kevita." I love Kevita as it is a probiotic drink that contains four strains of live probiotics. It is also organic, and vegan and can be found at Whole Foods Market. Find out more about Kevita by clicking HERE! As you can see in the last picture, Wholefoods market is known for their fresh salads. It's my go to spot when I just want to get away and enjoy a scrumptious yet healthy meal. With life moving at such a fast pace, I find it to be true that convenience has a hefty price to pay, and that is your LIFE. Don't always reach for convenient foods such as FAST FOODS as it can definitely have a toll on your health. As always do things in moderation and make healthy choices for your body and in LIFE!!!

1 comment:

Glenda said...

YUM, this looks really good. I'm going to give it a try.