Thursday, January 3, 2013

Finding Your Green in 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! With the New Year here, many of us or shall I say, myself have decided to work out, eat healthy and make some major adjustments to improve ourselves, both mentally and physically. But, we must first start off with eating properly. For the past week, I made a promise to lay off of drinks with sugar. Yep, my favorite Coca Cola. Instead I have been drinking a galloon of water a day. So far, it hasn't been so bad. Let's see how long this will last. So, now that I had the liquids down, it was now time to see what I would start eating. Unlike my husband, I love vegetables and sour tasting things. One night, I decided to purchase a bag of Euro Greens, which was a mix of Kale, Swiss Chard, Mustards and Peppery Greens. I sauteed them with onions in a lil olive oil with salt, pepper and small dash of chili pepper for taste. It was DELICIOUS & simple to say the least. After indulging in lots of greens, my sweet tooth began to set in and I begin searching for a dessert without the sugar. I know, that it sounds strange but it was something worth searching for and I had found it here Tangy Lemon Avocado Pudding. It was Fabulous and had all of the right ingredients; Avocado, Coconut Oil, Stevia (non-calorie sweetener) and lemons. As I continue on with my journey, I will continuously be looking for other great low calorie recipes. If you have a few please share as it is a MUST that I look great for my 10 year vow renewals with the hubby in CABO in August 2013!!!! Pictures Taken By: Toushonta Hogan

No comments: