Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Great Get-Away!








2011 was an interesting year. A year of learning more about myself and those around me. With high expectations for others, I had to learn to accept people for who they are. Though, this issue had to do with others, I too had to shine the light on me. In August of 2011, I found myself depressed for the very first time. Yes, ME, Ms. Positive; always encouraging others, etc. I laid in my bed dormant and not wanting to do anything; not even shop (my favorite thing to do). I cried, I slept, I did nothing. It was a moment of self reflection and a time to listen in order to move forward. No one knew my pain, not even my husband. I felt inadequate, nervous, unsure and crippled. I felt that I was not doing enough within my business as well as my personal life. It was time to MOVE!!!!!

Since that experience, my life has changed. As mentioned in a prior post, I had to take time for ME. With that said, this past weekend, I took out time with my family. We headed to Rancho Cucamonga with my husband, mom, kids and nephew. We had a blast!!! We stayed at the Hilton, ate, went shopping at Ontario Mills Mall, went to the movies, ate, hung out, ate...O, yes did I say ate or EAT!!!! Lastly, to top it off, we went to my uncles home for dinner on Sunday before heading back home. I truly believe that I picked up 15lbs. on this trip alone. This year, I promised myself that I would do more things for me & explore. Small getaways recharges your body & cost very little when planned right. Name some weekend getaways that recharges your body.

5 comments:

Glenda said...

Welcome back Toushonta! It seems like we both went through a tough year...we experienced a spiritual winter - when things are dormant and God is aloof. During that time (winter) is when we prune and prepare for the blooming time of spring.

Toushonta said...

Yes, absolutely Glenda. Thanks for the welcome. I believe this year will be far better for us both. Have a Happy New Year.

Unknown said...

I enjoyed reading.I hope we all have a productive and prosperous 2012 and beyond.

Felicia said...

You never know what's going on with fam & friends around you. I too went through a dark moment, but just like you I was fortunate enough to climb out. For me, I had lunch at a waterfront restaurant cause the water always brings serenity, I went for a long drive which led me to getting a facial at a spa & finally visited Santa Barbara. Whether its for a romantic getaway or to visit my daughter at UCSB, Santa B always does the trick. Thanks for sharing & God Bless YOU!

Toushonta said...

Thanks Chioma! Felicia, this is true. Life can get you so bogged down that at times we need to get away from it all. Continue to take care of you in 2012 as I will do the same. Happy New Year!