Monday, March 21, 2011

The kindness of Strangers


Sunday, March 20th, 2011 7:25 a.m., I, Fee King, ran my first marathon. I ran this marathon in honor of my best friend, Louise Pinion, who passed in 2009 and my high school sweetheart, Michael Morgan, who passed of Leukemia in 1987. I ran this marathon to help me push through obstacles, fears and insecurities. I ran this marathon in hopes of inspiring other women to get their S.piritual H.ouse I. in order T.oday! Not tomorrow...but right now in this moment.

Along the route; which began at Dodger Stadium, there were nameless people, young, old, white, black, Asian, Spanish, Middle Eastern, there to cheer me along my journey. It's quite beautiful and emotional when you make eye contact with a complete stranger...and in that moment you connect on a level that words cannot describe. That happened for me twice. My eyes met a beautiful Asian woman and a beautiful black woman who's energy propelled me to that finish line.

I only relied on the spirit and memories of my late best friend Louise to ensure that I cross that finish line. And..without fail, she brought me home.Louise was and still is my Biggest cheerleader. I ran to let both her and Michael know that a day has not gone by that I don;'t think about them, miss them, honor and love them. My life has been improved because of the love I shared with those two individuals. How fortunate am I? Very!

IT may be hard to believe, but at mile 4, I didn't know how I would complete 26.2 miles. I was ready to Quit, but I didn't. From mile 10 to 11, I chanted(prayed) for Focus, strength and Determination. At mile 14, I was pleasantly greeted by a sign that had my name on it held by my clients: Sarah Adolphson and Robbie Weimer.WE get what we earnestly ask for and what we believe we deserve.

I am a very...VERY independent and socially introverted person; which means I know a lot of people and a lot of people know me' however, I'm alone more often than not. People refer to me as the social butterfly. I partake of various social events and activities around L.A.; however, I tend to isolate myself from people when I'm in need. I've become very prideful when it comes to sharing my fears and struggles with people; as well as allowing my ego to get in the way of asking for help. This has both served me well and enabled me at times. Running this marathon allowed me to rely upon and even ask people for help. While running, I asked the Universe to support my efforts. I chanted for strength, focus and a winning spirit. I thanked every single person who handed me water, oranges, gatorade (even though I'm opposed to it because of the high levels of acid in it), sprayed pain reliever on my legs and thighs; as well as every person who held their hand out for me to shake it. Wow! In that moment, It was confirmed to me that WE are ALL connected. Please read it again, WE are ALL connected. There were two tables at two different locations of Middle Eastern men in turbans who had cut fresh oranges for me. I had to hold it together ya'll. IT was too soon in the race for me to break down in tears. Thank you to those men for supporting me.

That break down and cry moment came 800 meters from the finish line at the corner of San Vicente and Ocean. As I turned the corner for the long stretch to the finish line, I heard someone call it, " You only have 800 meters left." I had no comprehension of how long that was, but I knew it was less than a mile. lol. I finally lifted my head up to realize I was directly across the street from the area I was standing at February 2009 and received a very obvious sign from my late best friend, Louise Pinion, that I deserved better. At that moment, February 8th, 2009, I decided to STOP doing the things I had been doing if I wanted to have a better life. Today, My life is quite wonderful.

Toushonta (Scentsational Soaps) and myself (Unique FEESIQUES Urban Fitcamps) is spreading this act of relying upon the kindness of strangers by blessing three people, who comment and share their story of triumph and overcoming an obstacle on our blog site. We want to help you Feel Unique and look Scentsational.

You can WIN:
. 2 Outdoor Urban Unique FEESIQUES Fitcamps
. 1 bar of handmade Scentsational Soap after your workout
. 1 Herbalife Shrink-N-Drink Antioxidant tea

Your Fitness go-to-girl
Fee King
www.uniquefeesiquesla.com

3 comments:

CoCo Treasure said...

Fee, I am sooo proud of you for completing the LA Marathon 2011.

When i first met you I knew God was sending me the life change I had been praying for. My life's greatest challenge has been my struggle to lose weight and win my battle with food. In the short time I have known you I have learned that I am stronger than I thought I was, I am able to push my body to do more than I ever thought it could do! In addition to the weight I have eliminated from my body and the inches that are gone as well, i have gained a new sense of love and appreciation for myself that I have never experienced before. My journey may be far from over, but I know I will make it to my destination because I am more than worth effort needed!!

Thanks for being a willing vessel for myself and im sure many others :)

Good job Fee!

The FeeKing Show said...

Thank you for sharing CoCo Treasure. Just remember, that the work you are doing is a journey that takes what it takes. While runnin the marathon, I heard a man tell another man, just put one foot in front of the other and you'll get there. That advice transcends into every area of our lives. Just stay on your journey. Never let anyone..Anyone take you off course if you don't want to be taken off. It's your life...now live it. Fee King

angel on my shoulder said...

Hello I'm writing this while crying you have touch some sensative points in my life and to know that there are women out striving to help and not hamper a person when she is down Tells me I am bless to be in the presence of such beautiful people I'm going through a longggggg yes that long kind of divorce It toke a toll on me always crying trying to figure out what I did wrong how can I change what can I do better me to be love or even give love It toke me a long time to even say I was going through a divorce without crying But sharing my feelings has open a door and a new me has evovled that I didn't realize was hidden behind all those doubts of WHY A BEAUTIFULL WOMAN who has let GOD guide me I publish an inspirtational journal So women can learn to love themselves I was going to sign anonymous But as I complete this I realize this is part of healing for me Brenda Angel on My Shoulder Journal