Monday, February 28, 2011

Would You Give Up Whoopie Just to Be Thin?

Would you give up sex to be thin? Fitness magazine asked 2,400 women if they would sacrifice a full year of sex to be skinny - and 51% said yes. Can you believe this? Seriously? Who are these women and where can I find them? Ya'll better stop the madness. SOmetimes I think we say off the wall stuff just to get attention.

According to this article in Fitness magazine, WE women have some serious self-esteem and body issues. I concur. As a personal trainer and wellness coach, I see it, hear it, and live it everyday. Even in my own life. I woke up Sunday with expectation of embarking on a 20-mile run with a fellow trainer friend of min. Instead I opted to sleep in and allow my sore, stiff and TIRED body to rest from the approximate 18 miles I already put in that week. However, while getting dressed for a spa party, I couldn't find anything suitable to wear and I remember thinking that I felt FAT. Urggh! I said it. NOt only did I say it, but I'm admitting it in this public forum. For goodness sake, We're human and we have bad hair days. We have bad outfit days and we most certainly have BAD body image days. So, get over it and keep it movin. And I did.

I want to say I was shocked when other studies showed that, 43% of the women in the study have skipped meals regularly to lose weight, 39% have taken diet pills, and 40% went on their first diet, not only in high school, but possibly in middle school. Wow! I'm all for feeling and looking my absolute best; however, when it becomes the Center of your Focus and attention, that's not healthy. We're NOT all meant to be a size, 2, 4, 6 or even 8. AND...who wants to be?

What's your ideal body type? Who fits within that body type? Why? My ideal body type is mine. If I don't love myself and body...how can I expect anyone else to. I love my legs, my clavicle and my shoulders. I love my inner and outer strength. What about your body can you find that you truly love? Now..on the flip side, I am DEFINATELY No advocating obesity. I would lovingly encourage US to to find the happy medium between being and feeling healthy and fit. and maintaining a true sense of self and purpose.

I personally, am not giving up something as rediculous as sex to be thin. Another spin to put on it would be, instead of giving something up...why don't we give something to our bodies that our bodies are starving for such as:

. Self - Love

. Positive Self Talk

. Sexy, soothin bath and body products that keep our skin soft and supple and our bodies smelling

yummy and delicious

. Exercise

. Meditation

. A dynamic dance class

. A girls night out on the town

. Human touch: massage, facial, manicure, pedicure AND

. Shoes (lol)

intimacy with your partner can make you feel sexy and can make you feel better. And yet, when women aren't feeling good about that muffin top, or extra junk in the trunk and cellulite on their thighs and buttocks, WE don't feel sexy, so we don't want to have sex. So it's this really tough self-fulfilling prophecy. So we have to figure out where to break it and what needs to break, and women need to figure out how to have MOST of what they want.

I actually know women...married women, who refuse to make love to their husbands with the lights on. Some of them actually where t-shirts or some sort of pajama top or bottom on during this act of making an intimate connection.

I would suggest you do something about it. Start with stripping down and getting honest with yourself. Let us STOP making excuses and put in the hard work, the mental, emotional, SPIRITUAL and physical work. Sexy takes work and aren't WE worth it. Staying and getting healthy are action words.

Love and respect ourselves enough to put self first and get it Right and keep it Tight!



Your Health and FItness go-to-girl

Fee King

www.uniquefeesiquesla.com


Fee King
Unique FEESIQUES Private Training and Urban Fitcamps
www.uniquefeesiques.com
www.facebook.com/uniquefeesiques
www.facebook.com/fylicia.king
310-562-8521http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/v22940/7/46/n668752201_4840.jpg

No comments: