Monday, April 4, 2011

Happy New Year...Happy New You


This past Saturday, while preparing for my Outdoor Fitcamp, one of my clients and friends, Sarah, asked me: "Fee, where do you get the energy? "I don't know how you do it"! I'd like to say, "I don't know." But that would not be my truth. The energy comes from my Faith and my determination to NEVER have a year like I did in 2009; which means to NEVER let anything or anyone hinder or derail my happiness and success. This includes not allowing myself to hinder My mental, emotional, spiritual, physical and financial success.

Believe it or Not, I don't always want to work out. I don't always desire to drive nearly 45 to 75-minutes on certain days to train or massage a client or run my camp; however, I've made a commitment first to myself and secondly to the amazing women, men and children who show up. Is it always fun and happy times? NO, but the commitment is ALWAYS there. My intention is always clear and focused.

Speaking of commitment, I have recently decided to expand my commitment by running for the sake of others. I have fallen in love with this thing called running and it's therapeutic and meditative abilities to foster hope and change in one's life. Who knew. I mean, I ran track in high school; however, I was a sprinter. AND, I was good too. lol. But this distance running is a different beast.

I was inspired by the kindness of strangers and the power of prayer during my first L.A. marathon- March 20th, 2011. That experience inspired me to pay it forward. Beginning May 1st - I Fee King, will be running for your prayers. I've created a program
titled: Run...Heal...PRAY. When you log onto my website: www.uniquefeesiquesla.com, you'll go to the prayer wall and write out your prayer request. IT could be anything from needing a financial blessing, physical healing, to asking for the strength to deal with family, friend and love relationships. As most of you know, there IS power in prayer and power in numbers. I will then video blog my experience...what came up for me and you at the end of every prayer run day.

Like I shared with you two Sunday's ago, distance running has changed my life. Because of my profound ability to focus and pray while running, I have a new appreciation and understand our connection, as human beings, to one another due to my marathon experience. I was connected to all 27,000 persons running in front of, behind and side-by-side me. I was not only connected to, but relied heavily on the men in turbans passing out hand sliced oranges, the Asian elders handing me gatorade, the bruthas flirting with me; while I'm heaving from lung exhaustion to the young people cheering me on: "You can do it...you can do it, you're almost there." That support, along with my own praying, repeating my affirmations of: I am strong, determined, a winner, beautiful, sexy and capable., etc..etc, etc not only propelled me across that finish line; however, it's propelled a new found Determination in my life. That determination is to simply pray for the health, success and happiness of strangers.

Imagine a world where complete strangers genuinely and authentically prayed and wished your life successful.

After all, what do I have to lose? More importantly, what do we ALL have to gain? I look forward to praying for you all.

Your Health and Fitness Go-To-Girl
Fee King
www.uniquefeesiquesla.com

No comments: